CHARD AREA NEWS: Carbon monoxide leak in motorhome

CHARD AREA NEWS: Carbon monoxide leak in motorhome

A WOMAN needed medical help in the early hours of Saturday (January 6, 2018) near Chard after feeling ill with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

Emergency services were called out at just before 2am to the incident at Stant Way in Combe St Nicholas inside a motorhome.

Two fire engines from Chard were mobilised after getting a call from ambulance personnel about a potential carbon monoxide leak.

Low levels of carbon monoxide were detected as the motorhome had been partially ventilated prior to the arrival of firefighters.

The female occupant was given oxygen while suffering from nausea, headaches and vomiting.

The incident was brought under control at around 2.30am and the casualty was left in the hands of paramedics.

Tags:
News.